Monday, April 30, 2012

day 5 - Sault Ste Marie, ON to Toronto, ON

so this is it. the end of the road...for now.
our last day started a bit slower and more relaxed, knowing that it was a relatively short day (clocking in at just under 8 hours)...we even had time for a shopping stop for new mocassins in Espanola.
...and then proceeded to drive right into hwy 400 traffic (welcome back to me!).
nice to find the road rage was still buried deep inside...it attempted to surface but so far i'm holding strong in my northern mentality. that's my goal with moving back to the city. keeping the Smithereen alive inside!
there are no photos from our last day on the road...mostly because there wasn't much to take photos of. southern Ontario isn't exactly the most photogenic place in Canada...but am happy to report that the packing job in the truck was extraordinary and everything found its way across the country in its right place. and also excited to report that my first night back in the city was marked by take out from Jean's Vegetarian Kitchen awaiting my arrival.
best. husband. ever.
and as for my fear of Lucy forgetting who i was...let me tell you, it is such a warm-and-squishy-inside feeling to have a pooch go ballistic at your arrival.
best. dog. ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment